There is no better time for the Local Economic Development (LED) training program than now. The LED approach to economic development places importance on activities in cities, districts, and regions rather than waiting for aids and funding from international donor agencies to propel development. This involves added micro-economic measures at the local level to complement macro-economic measures at the national level.
The LED encompasses a range of disciplines including physical planning, economics, and marketing; all with the goal of building up the economic capacity of a local area to improve its economic future and the quality of life for all. It is our belief that this training program will be part of the building blocks to fulfilling the 2030 agenda for the sustainable development goals of the United Nations.
- Approaches to development
- Local economic development strategic planning
- Community and cultural aspects of local development
- Gender planning and development
- Agricultural projects in local development
- Tourism as a development tool
- Introduction to computer and its application to development
- Environmental Impact on economic development
- Guides to proposal writing and funding opportunities
- Local investments and business growth
- Participants project presentation
- Field trips & practical application
We are currently seeking sponsorship opportunities for this training program from donor agencies and funding organizations from around the world. If interested in being one of our sponsors for this training program, please kindly email us email@example.com.
- Government officials and decision-makers
- Business managers and agricultural consultants
- Entrepreneurs and private sectors employees
- Teachers, lecturers, and graduates
- Non-governmental organization practitioners
- Stakeholders in regional/urban/rural and community development programs
- People that are involved in the social and economic development of their community
- Prospective candidates that are passionate about making a difference in their community
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION.
- Minimum of two (2) years of a college education.
- Candidates must have at least two (2) years of experience in their field of specialization
- Years of experience in community development fields, with a very good command of both written and spoken English language, will also be accepted in lieu of the certifications. Candidates MIGHT be requested to show samples of their project and written works.
PARTICIPANTS EXPECTATION FROM THE COURSE
- We expect all participants to be able to develop, implement and evaluate a Local Economic Development (LED) Programme at the end of the course.
- Participants should be able to organize and replicate this same training program on their return to their respective home countries.
- Participants will be exposed to strategic planning and various implementation methods of Local Economic Development from around the globe.
- Field trips to project sites on sustainable development.
- Networking opportunities among the participants, Facilitators, and ACADEC Canada contacts.
Applying for this training program is free. You will be notified via e-mail within 48hrs if your application is denied or approved. Accepted candidates MUST make their training fee payment within two weeks of the acceptance of their application. This application is on a rolling basis until the class is filled. The maximum number of candidates for this program is forty (40).
Candidates must send the following documents to ACADEC Secretariat not later than October 31, 2022.
- CV/Resume including your references (not more than 3 pages)
- Cover letter showing the email address, phone numbers, sex, age, and complete mailing address of the applicant.
- Statement of purpose (the reason why you want to attend the course, what you intend to gain from the course, and how you will apply the knowledge gained from the course to the development of your community, organization or profession)
A completed application must be sent to:-
- By email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post to- ACADEC Secretariat,
Suites 3-5, 168A Oakdale Road,
Canada. M3N 2S5
PASSPORT AND VISA
Passport must be valid for at least six months from the opening day of the course. Participants that require a visa to come to Canada must apply for their travel visa well ahead of time so as to have enough time for the processing of their visas. ACADEC will only issue a letter of invitation to participants that have paid their participation fee in full. Please be aware that $2500USD include your breakfast only and hotel accommodation throughout your five days stay in Canada. Be aware that you don’t need a hotel reservation for your visa application since ACADEC will include that in your letter of invitation. For your visitor visa application process please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp for details.
MODE OF PAYMENT
- Wire transfer. Please contact us for information on our bank account detail for your payment.
- PayPal payment. Pay to ACADEC Canada
- The cheque is payable to “ACADEC Canada”. (Only US and Canada banks cheques are acceptable)
ACADEC will refund 100% of your participation fee only if we have not issued you an invitation letter. In some cases, visa application might be refused by the visa office in your country which depends on several factors. ACADEC will charge 25% to cover our administrative fees from the applicant paid participation fee. 75% of $2,500USD will be refunded after the visa application has been confirmed denied.